Without biodiversity, there is no future for human beings: we have the power to act to stem the erosion of biodiversity.
« Given the urgency, we must stop the abuse of nature. It is often when we have our backs to the wall that what was not possible yesterday becomes possible. » - Nicolas Hulot, Minister for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition
France has a Plan for Biodiversity, which makes the fight against biodiversity erosion a priority for government action in the same way as the fight against climate change.
This plan is structured around 6 thematic axes to:
- Reclaim biodiversity in the territories;
- Building a pollution-free, low impact economy for biodiversity;
- Protect and restore nature in all its components ;
- Develop an ambitious European and international roadmap for biodiversity;
- Know, educate, train;
- improve the effectiveness of biodiversity policies.